Monday 5 November 2012

iPad mini Review | Hardware + Software

I was on my way to Beijing and I saw the iPad mini lying in an Apple store. So what did I do? I ignored it.....NOT! I ran towards it and the store was empty as no one realized that the iPad mini (wifi) started coming to stores. I picked it up and it was light, small and felt more personal. The icons were smaller than the iPad icons which I am used to but bigger than my iPhone's icons, so kinda felt strange as its somewhere in between. The responsiveness was good and there was no lag. The build quality is much better than the iPhone 5's as I didn't notice any nicks or poor anodization.

The major MAJOR let down the moment you pick it up is the display. You will notice it if you are an iPhone or iPad retina display user. You will feel it kinda looks pixelated b its bearable. I mean there is a certain kind of premium feel you will expect from Apple. The hardware definitely feels good and classy but the display puts you off.

That got me thinking whether I would replace my iPad for this and the answer is NO. I love the iPad mini form factor but I wished they made the same gut for the 7.9" which I know is asking too much. I wouldn't say its for the budget conscious as its almost on par with the Big brother. This model was definitely made for the light users, who are on the move and probably lady users.

Samsung or Apple for the 7" category? Definitely Apple....as the ecosystem is solid and iPad apps runs seamlessly on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment