Thursday 23 October 2014

Quick Review : Google Nexus 7 (2013)

Pros
+Simple yet powerful design
+Rubberised back for better grip
+Felt like a phone at times because of the narrower width
+Android 4.3 goodness
+Display was brilliant and colourful. Great viewing angles.

Meh
÷Battery life was just ok. Survived a day unlike other tablets
÷Lack of apps optimized for tablets, most of the time ended up using Phone apps.

Cons
-Camera was bad, grainy most of the time.
-Fonts were too small and increasing in settings didnt help much
-Landscape mode was bad and preferred using more in Portrait mode
-After Android 4.3 update, its went into coma...I freaked out! I had to give a CPR and revive it back
-I am a stylus guy and noticed the precision of using it for drawing and writing down was terrible.

Bottom line
_The tablet is great as an add on device to your gadget arsenal. Its not heavy and is a good companion for surfing and email. Lack of good tablet apps was a bummer for example Skype forced you to only use in landscape mode, which I hated. Display is good and sharp but fonts were small and didnt help much (May be I am doing it all wrong...). Couldn't use stylus for drawing or writing as the accuracy wasn't there. It was quick and fast and I didn't experience lag. I did have a shocker when it went into a coma which I told earlier. On a whole, its definitely a great tablet with a few things which can be fixed overtime through Google's updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment