Monday 22 October 2012

iPhone 5 reviewed | Hardware


I am an Apple Fan boy and I am obsessed with perfection from head to toe in execution. I know no company is perfect but if you are selling something I expect a certain amount of quality, something basic like a device that is pristine when I open the box even if it doesn't work I understand. 

Today I wanna focus on the physical quality of the device. I am huge fan of Jon Ive and I come from a Manufacturing Engineering background as well. What I dont understand are the following;


  1. Lightning Charger that doesn't work. I have to constantly keep wiggling it until my phone responds. Lose connection i don't know, I went to the store and got it exchanged and still no use! 
  2. Scuff mark ridden hardware. Yes, I did buy the black version. I do understand Aluminium is a soft metal and gets scratched easily but I do expect a scratch free device when I open the box. I take full responsibility if I scratched it afterwards.I have a habit of buying a case as we are pretty nosy when we see scratches. 
  3. Buggy Wifi is another irritating factor. Sometimes hot, sometimes cold and all this when I am sitting on top of my Wifi router!
The only thing I liked about iPhone 5 is the Ear pods...simple, clean, perfection. iPhone 5 doesn't carry the Apple values as its of poor build quality. People may forgive this as a minor slip due to Apple heritage of building quality products. 

I hope the future products don't display such poor standards


No comments:

Post a Comment